The Cumbrian Christmas
Christmas in Cumbria calls for thick jumpers, woolly scarves and an extra pair of socks, but it also means the perfect excuse to stay indoors, pop the fire on and enjoy the tastiest treats from all over the county.
A warm cup of tea and a a slice of bread with thick marmalade, a mug of hot drinking chocolate and a box of assorted truffles, and when it’s time to get the cheeseboard out, the most delicious Christmas chutney full of festive fruits and spices. All locally produced, in the beautiful Lake District.
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again, we Cumbrians are a proud bunch, and we like to show off our talents. So this hamper is surely the perfect Christmas gift for the Cumbrian whose missing home, or if you’re a local and want to share the love, because who wouldn’t want to receive a box full of Cumbrian goodies?
The Cumbrian Christmas hamper includes:
- Cartmel’s Sticky Toffee Sauce – 170g
- Magnificent Marshmallows – Glorious Gingerbread – 90g
- Lakeland Mues – Winter Wonder muesli – 500g
- Bruce and Lukes Coffee – 252g
- Romney’s Handmade Butter Fudge – 150g
- Claire’s Handmade Celebratory Christmas Chutney – 200g
- Claire’s Handmade Christmas Marmalade with Whisky – 200g
- Saunders Chocolates – Box of 8 Assorted Handmade Truffles
- Farrer’s Loose Leaf Winter Tea – 125g
- Magnificent Marshmallows – Drinking Chocolate – 25g
Some of the products may differ ever so slightly than those listed in the photo, but only by flavour, all sizes, number of products and brands will remain the same, and think of it as a bonus…you may get to try something you’d never considered before, and fall in love with it!